Science Week is upon us! The theme this year is Destination Moon. Students in all year groups have been participating in a range of activities during class time.
- PP-YR1s have been looking at phases of the moon painting and have not only created moon writing in the sand but have also created shaving cream moon craters with baseballs.
- Year 2s set off rockets!
- Year 3s worked on an astronauts based green screen activity, delving into gravity and how it works!
- Year 4s have been looking at Lunar Rovers
- Year 5s have been investigating how plants survive in space
- Year 6s have been looking at the cosmic war on waste.
In addition to the classroom activities, during Tuesday Lunch there has been a ‘Step Into Space’ green screen activity and paper rocket making in the undercover area. Along with the above, ‘Steph the Scientist’ has been conducting experiments on the lawn.
During eating time throughout the week, students have been watching videos by a Canadian astronaut who answers questions about how things are done in space e.g. brushing your teeth and sleeping.